People who travel to Asian or African countries are always dazzled by the beauty of the local handcrafted jewelry and handmade jewelry array and the low-cost at which these are available. Most Americans instantly fall in love with this type jewelry and they are hooked on it forever. Many times, people who are gifted such souvenirs become fans for life, too. Did you know that such jewelry is indeed a great thing to buy for many reasons? Here are the top five:
1. Unique and beautiful beyond any possible description in words – each of these handcrafted things are superb. You can see the love of the artisan reflecting in it. Each piece of jewelry is a celebration of life and is unique and heart touching beautiful. Every time you wear such jewelry you would love the admiring glances it would attract, which further goes to prove that you are wearing something too beautiful for words.
2. Match with anything and everything – you could wear such jewelry at office as you could wear it on formal occasions and at parties as well. There is no place or occasion where this type jewelry would not fit in perfectly. The elegance it exudes always adds a little grace and extra beauty to the apparel you are wearing.
3. Encourage artisans – the people who create these lovely pieces of jewelry in almost all cases, live in abject poverty. When you buy their work you support in your little way an artisan somewhere across the continents. Many artisans have renounced this art because it cannot afford them a living anymore. Left with no option, they migrate to become mere wage earners struggling for their livelihoods in various cities. From proud artisans they are reduces to mere menial workers without any dignity of labor or pride in their work. Buying their wares would ensure that this art lives on.
4. Environment friendly – you are doing your little bit for Mother Earth when you buy these artisan wares. Artisans use age-old practices that are completely environment friendly. All the material used in making these jewelry are biodegradable unlike the plastic and other synthetic stuff regular custom jewelry are made out of.
5. It saves an ancient art from dying – when you buy this type jewelry you are creating a demand for it and in turn people who have passed this art on from generation to generation would be motivated to continue to nurture and promote this art. It is a pity that many such ancient arts have died a slow death because the artisans could not support themselves any longer with the means they earned form it. When you buy these pieces of jewelry you are helping this art survive a little longer.
Besides all the good that you would cause by buying this jewelry the fact remains that when you buy it, you get something of high value both in quality and beauty; and that itself is reason enough to seek out and buy these masterpieces whenever and wherever you can.